Read our full Hyrule Warriors review.
Nintendo and Tecmo Koei keep the Hyrule Warriors updates coming, fresh off the Fi reveal trailer, this time we are treated to a showcase of Zelda and her melodic use of the Wind Waker to sweep away enemies.
Zelda (now apparently Queen of Hyrule, based on the kanji used in her title) has previously been seen wielding a rapier on the field of battle, but is now channeling the power of the Wind Waker to lay waste to the crowds of enemies. A magic baton, used long ago by the King of Hyrule to call upon the power of the gods, this second weapon conjures tornadoes and lightning, with Zelda conducting the madness. Building like a crescendo as it pulls more enemies in, the attacks start small and combine to get bigger before finally unleashing a huge blast.
As Zelda conducts, classic Legend of Zelda pieces can be heard, including the Song of Storms and Saria’s Song from Ocarina of Time, which is a nice touch.
Hyrule Warriors is set for release on September 26 for Wii U.
- Best Nintendo Switch deals and bundles for May 2022
- Nintendo Switch lifetime sales beat PlayStation 4
- Everything we know about Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
- How to play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate online with friends
- Kirby 64 is Nintendo Switch Online’s next N64 addition