Read our full Hyrule Warriors review.
Nintendo and Tecmo Koei keep the Hyrule Warriors updates coming, fresh off the Fi reveal trailer, this time we are treated to a showcase of Zelda and her melodic use of the Wind Waker to sweep away enemies.
Zelda (now apparently Queen of Hyrule, based on the kanji used in her title) has previously been seen wielding a rapier on the field of battle, but is now channeling the power of the Wind Waker to lay waste to the crowds of enemies. A magic baton, used long ago by the King of Hyrule to call upon the power of the gods, this second weapon conjures tornadoes and lightning, with Zelda conducting the madness. Building like a crescendo as it pulls more enemies in, the attacks start small and combine to get bigger before finally unleashing a huge blast.
As Zelda conducts, classic Legend of Zelda pieces can be heard, including the Song of Storms and Saria’s Song from Ocarina of Time, which is a nice touch.
Hyrule Warriors is set for release on September 26 for Wii U.
- Look back on the best games of 2017 with this YouTube supercut
- Rumbling Nintendo Switch controller tipped man off about tumor in his hand
- Save Hyrule by harnessing the power of the Zelda-themed IPA
- So long, Link? Hardly: New ‘Legend of Zelda’ game appears to be in development
- ‘Breath of the Wild’ and ‘Horizon Zero Dawn’ lead 2018 GDC Award nominations