Don’t let the A2’s simple shape fool you, though. There’s plenty that’s remarkable about this $400 speaker (aside from the price), starting with a class-leading 24-hour battery life, which makes playing music for long periods while charging a device a much more realistic proposition. B&O also outfitted the A2 with active drivers and passive radiators on both sides of the book-ish looking speaker, so that you hear sound clearly no matter which direction it is facing. We’re also big fans of the leather strap, which makes toting the speaker around as easy as it should be (but often isn’t, with other Bluetooth speakers).
Take a look at the speaker up close in our video. It’s sleek, simple, but effective. And it sounds impressive as well. It’s a little on the bright side for our tastes, but its overall sound signature is the sort that will catch a lot of ears — and eyes — at social occasions.
- B&O’s picnic basket speaker pumps out 280 watts of power while it charges your phone
- The best waterproof Bluetooth speakers for 2023: from JBL, Marshall, and more
- Marshall’s latest Bluetooth speaker has four drivers for 360 sound
- Bang & Olufsen celebrates Lunar New Year 2023 with Silk Road-inspired limited editions
- House of Marley is back with its loudest, sustainably-designed Bluetooth speaker