Universal remotes are great — They let you take control of all your devices, and cut down on the number of remotes you have on your coffee table. Now that the world of smart home is heating up, having one remote to control all your smart appliances sounds pretty appealing, right? Well, thanks to the Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home remote, you can control all your smart home gadgets — and your TV. Now, we’re giving one away to a lucky DT reader.
And now for some details:
- Starts: Saturday, March 21, 2015
- Ends: 11:59 p.m. PT Saturday, March 28, 2015
- U.S. residents only: Sorry international fans
- Random: Winners are chosen at random
Just like any other universal remote, you can change channels, adjust volume, fast-forward, or rewind with Logitech’s remote. It even has a 2.4-inch touchscreen, backlit buttons, and vibration feedback. To keep it charged up, you just pop it in the dock. Logitech’s Harmony Ultimate Home Remote supports up to 270,000 home entertainment devices from 6,000 brands, including Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii. However, the coolest thing about the remote isn’t that it will control your TV and cable box, but rather that you can control your smart home gadgets.
It’s compatible with the Philips Hue light bulbs, August smart locks, Nest, Honeywell, and more. It can even sync up with SmartThings and PEQ smart home automation systems. You can also sync all the same devices that are connected to your remote with the app on your phone, and use that as a remote. It works with iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac.
The only downside of the remote, which we noted in our review, is the setup process. You have to go through several steps to set everything up. However, once it’s done, life’s a lot easier. If you want to win the remote, just enter in the form below.
If you don’t win, stay tuned! We’ll have more giveaways in the future!
- How to program an RCA universal remote
- Arlo expands smart home security lineup with slew of products at CES 2019
- IKEA’s new blinds for the smart home arrive April 1 in the U.S.
- Samsung’s Remote Access feature will connect its smart TVs to PCs, phones, more
- The best Google Home-compatible devices for 2019