It’s officially price increase season. Hulu has announced via emails and on its website that Hulu with Live TV — which also includes Disney+ and ESPN+ to become the full “Disney Bundle” — will increase in price from $70 a month to $75 a month beginning December 8, 2022.
And if you have the Disney Bundle without live TV, you can expect that price to increase from $14 a month to $15 on that same date.
News of the Hulu price increases comes just a day after Sling TV announced it was increasing the cost of its basic plans by $5 a month.
If any of this sounds familiar and/or a bit confusing, it’s because December 8 also is the date on which Disney+ launches a plan that includes advertising with the on-demand content. That plan costs $8 a month, or $3 a month less than a “Premium” Disney+ subscription. That plan was announced in August and came with its own set of price tweaks across the Disney Bundle spectrum.
Come December 8, this is how everything will shake down:
- Disney+ with ads: $8 a month
- Disney+ Premium (no ads): $11 a month
- Hulu with ads: $8 a month
- ESPN+ with ads: $10 a month
- Disney+ and Hulu, with ads: $10 a month
- Disney+ (no ads), Hulu, ESPN+, with ads: $15 a month (note that this plan will no longer be available to purchase or switch to on Disney+ after December 7, but existing subscribers can keep it at the new price)
- Disney+ (no ads), Hulu (no ads), ESPN+ (with ads): $20 a month
- Disney+ (with ads), Hulu (with ads) + Live TV, ESPN+ (with ads): $70 a month
- Hulu (with ads) + Live TV, ESPN+ (with ads), and Disney+ (no ads): $75 a month (note that this plan will no longer be available to purchase or switch to after December 8, but existing subscribers can keep it at the new price)
- Hulu With Live TV, Hulu on-demand (without ads), Disney+ (no ads), and ESPN+ (with ads): $83 a month
That’s … a lot of options. And if you’re doing your billing through a T-Mobile account, some of it might not be available. But the bottom line is this: You’re just going to have to pick what you want, pay attention to the price, and get ready to pay a bit more come early December.
- Best Buy Black Friday deals: TVs, laptops and air fryers
- Get the most out of your Apple TV 4K (2022) with these tips and tricks
- YouTube TV adds a clock to its live guide; Apple TV gets the new UI
- The best live TV streaming services: Hulu, Sling TV, YouTube TV, and more
- Hulu with Live TV vs. Sling TV: Which streaming service is right for you?