This isn’t your typical Airbnb offering: Spend a night 9,000 feet in the air in a cable car suspended above Courchevel, a ski resort in the French Alps. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is part of the company’s “A Night At” contest, which you can enter here.
The winner and three guests will ride up to the slope on snowmobiles to the gondola, which has been converted into a two-bed apartment. There will be plenty of food and wine on hand, but no TV. Guests will just have to entertain themselves with views of La Saulire, Courcheve’s highest point. The next day, you can strap on your skis and take advantage of the fact that you’re in the freaking Alps.
Non-French residents will get airfare to France for the March 6 sky-high slumber party. You have until February 25th to enter.
- Tag along on French skier Candide Thovex’s quest to ski the world
- Speed riding blends skiing with paragliding and is the next great extreme sport
- Looking for an Airbnb in Amsterdam? Hosts are only allowed 30 nights per year
- What is AirBnb? Here’s all you need to know about being a guest or host
- Professional skier Troy Murphy ditched his digs for a month to embrace van life