An officially licensed Star Wars product, the Death Star toaster is a conventional toaster, other than the exterior styling and the logo-burning, which you can’t un-select. It’s a two-slice toaster with cool-touch housing, adjustable darkness level, and a removable crumb tray. There are also reheat, defrost, and quick-stop functions.
The toaster won’t be ready for shipping until late September, but you can pre-order it online at The Fowndry for 50 British pounds, or about $67 U.S. A note about pre-ordering on this site: even though you’ll have to wait several months until the Death Star Toaster is available, your credit card will be charged immediately because of the payment method used. You can, however, sign up to receive an alert when the toaster is available.
Possibly one of the best reasons to buy the Death Star Toaster is your chance to use one of the scariest lines in the original Star Wars film. Wait for a guest in your house who asks, “Why does your toaster look like a moon?” And you can take a breath, look all serious, and deliver, “That’s no moon. That’s a space station.”
If you’re really into Star Wars-themed goods, The Fowndry has a wide selection, with shirts, socks, sweaters, salt-and-pepper shakers, a nifty Lightsaber BBQ Spatula, a TIE Fighter Nutcracker, and more.
- The Rise of Skywalker is the next Star Wars movie, watch the first teaser here
- The best Star Wars home decor we could find in the Galaxy
- Game of Thrones creators’ Star Wars trilogy will follow Rise of Skywalker
- Google celebrates Star Wars Day with discounts on games and content
- We’ll get a closer look at Jedi: Fallen Order at Star Wars Celebration