XM Satellite Radio yesterday announced plans for their first ever music awards. Dubbed the XM Nation Music Awards, winners are set to be announced Monday, Dec. 5.
The XM Nation Music Awards, which can be voted for online through Nov. 27, already have nominees selected by XM’s programming staff with categories that range from favorite cover song to the artist most overlooked by traditional radio. Categories for voting are also in XM’s â€œneighborhoodsâ€, or genres, such as Decades, Latin and Movies.
“The XM Nation Music Awards reinvent the music award to reflect the expertise of XM’s programming staff, the diversity of XM’s music programming and the broad range of tastes and sensibilities of our subscribers,” said Eric Logan, XM’s executive vice president of programming, in a statement.
- How SiriusXM is dominating in the Spotify era
- Tune in and chill out with the best radio apps for Android and iOS
- ‘Three Billboards’ and HBO shows win big at 24th Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Polk Audio’s Alexa-enabled soundbar could be your smart home centerpiece
- These are the best internet radio stations for your listening pleasure