People love sequels. The iPad 2‘s initial month of sales could double that of the original iPad, according to a report from DigiTimes. The Taiwanese site says that suppliers delivered between 2.4 and 2.6 million iPad 2 cover lenses during the month of March. Of course, we do not know precisely how many of those cover lenses were put onto actual iPads and sold to customers, but new shipments of the device have sold out almost instantly across the country. We made a few calls in the NYC area today and found that all Apple Stores were sold out of the tablets, except one which had a 64GB Verizon 3G model. Orders on Apple’s site are currently slated to ship in 2-3 weeks.
More interesting, DigiTimes estimates that Apple is likely to sell 4 – 4.3 million iPad 2s a month going forward, if it is able to meet demand. Apple has not officially revealed sales for the iPad 2 yet, but is expected to release the data during its next earnings call on April 20. For reference, it took the original iPad 28 days to reach 1 million unit sales.
Have you purchased an iPad 2. How difficult is it to obtain the device in your area? Let us know.
- This strange accessory did something amazing to my iPad
- Best iPad deals: Save on iPad Air, iPad Pro, iPad Mini for the holidays
- iPad Mini, iPad Air, and 10.2-inch iPad prices slashed for Black Friday
- Apple’s latest iPad just crashed to its cheapest-ever price
- The iPad is going to get an amazing new feature in 2024