Yes, OnePlus has held random preorder and purchase events for a few months now, but for the most part, the only way to obtain the OnePlus One was through the company’s invite system. While that system won’t be buried, OnePlus is now a step closer to the promised land. The company announced that anyone can purchase a OnePlus One every Tuesday.
In an email sent to newsletter subscribers, OnePlus revealed this has been in the works for a few months. All the while, OnePlus was collecting data and adjusting its production schedules to make its new non-invite system a reality.
According to OnePlus, sales will start at 8 a.m. London time, which translates to midnight in Los Angeles and 4 p.m. in Hong Kong. Both the 16GB Silk White and 64GB Sandstone Black variants will be available for purchase. OnePlus made it clear that the invite system won’t go away, as even OnePlus One purchases made on Tuesdays will have invites attached to them so purchasers can give them out to others.
Yes, speculation circling the handset’s successor, the OnePlus Two, has been swirling in recent months, and you might want to learn how to load OnePlus’ vision of Android onto the One. Even so, the OnePlus One is still a pretty capable smartphone, especially given the relatively low price you’re paying to get one. If you’re interested, check back on the company’s site this Tuesday.
- Everything you need to know about the 6-inch OnePlus 5T
- Will OnePlus release a new OnePlus X model after the OnePlus 6?
- Here’s everything we know about the OnePlus 6 smartphone so far
- The $500 question: Can the Honor View 10 beat the OnePlus 5T in a camera shootout?
- YouTube creates one-of-a-kind Grammys invitations with Google Home Maxes