For now, you still need an invitation in order to get the OnePlus One. Luckily, those who don’t currently have invites will be happy to know that online retailer OppoMart is currently selling the handset. However, before you make the purchase, there are a few things you should be aware of.
The most glaring caveat is the price tag. OppoMart has the 16GB Silk White model available, which OnePlus will sell for $300 unlocked. However, the online retailer is selling it for $400, representing a $100 mark-up. In addition, the model sold through OppoMart comes with Color OS, Oppo’s Android skin. In comparison, the One sold through OnePlus comes equipped with CyanogenMod 11. According to the retailer, you’ll need to install CyanogenMod manually.
Wherever you get the One from, specs include a 5.5-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor coupled with 3GB of RAM, a 3100 mAh battery, and a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera. Shipments to early invite holders were delayed due to software issues, though according to OnePlus, the issues have been resolved and early invitees should receive their handsets very soon.
- Waiting for Touch ID on a new iPhone? This report has some bad news
- Apple comes clean with what it really thinks about iPhone 14’s Dynamic Island
- Pixel 7: Everything we know about Google’s 2022 flagship
- The best Apple iPhone 14 screen protectors for 2022
- Best Amazon Fire tablet deals for October 2022