We woke up bright and early Friday morning to pick up our iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus from the Apple store on 9th Ave and 14th Street in New York City. The line started at the corner of 14th and 9th Ave and continued around the block until 16th street and 10th Ave.
We took an iOS 8 TimeLapse video of the line from the end to the doors of the Apple store on our iPhone 5. Many of those in line were trying to catch a few Zz’s before the store opened up, others were hunched over, wrapped in blankets on fold-up chairs. Apple employees served coffee and clean up crews swept away the debris of coffee cups, cardboard boxes, and other wrappers.
Even as we started filming the video, people were still joining the line. You can see the whole clip above. Stay tuned for our first impressions of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, which we’ll post later in the day. Full reviews are forthcoming!
- Apple draws line at iPhone 6 for battery program, so iFixit.org steps into gap
- Draw a line on the world around you with Google’s ‘Just a Line’ ARCore app
- Apple redesigns App Store web interface to be more in line with iOS
- The LineRanger robot has the dangerous job of checking live power lines
- Child-friendly wearable smartphone gives parents a direct line to their kids