Every phone that is eligible for a Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) update now has one available for it. At least we think that’s what Microsoft is saying. The Windows Phone team uses somewhat confusing language in its blog posts, as we noted when the Mango updates began a month ago. In the team’s newest post, they say that “we’re now delivering Mango to 100 percent of eligible phones around the world, regardless of carrier.” So if you’ve been waiting patiently for a month, you should plug your phone into your computer and use the Zune software to check for updates. It should be available.
Still, despite Microsoft’s statements to the contrary, there are lingering reports that Samsung phones haven’t yet gotten Windows Phone 7.5. We’d wager that this could be true, especially considering the trouble the Samsung Focus had during the NoDo update a few months back. However, if you’re a Samsung Windows Phone owner (as we are), there is a workaround hack that lets you get the update immediately. There are no software or crazy things to install either. Read “How to get Windows Phone 7.5 right now” for instructions.
Have any of you installed Mango? What do you think? So far, we’re pretty impressed with Windows Phone. We can’t wait to see some of Nokia’s enhancements either.
- The Razer Phone, with its Snapdragon 835 and 8GB of RAM, is finally here
- Honor’s new budget 7C and 7A phones love your face, and unlock at a glance
- Save up to $720 with the best smartphone deals for April 2018
- LinkedIn and Microsoft make it easier than ever to build a standout résumé
- How to send a text message from a computer