Earlier this week, Snyder responded to rumors that a Batmobile had been stolen from the set of Batman V. Superman by posting a photo (on Twitter) of a Star Wars stormtrooper being arrested by the Gotham City Police Department. “Case closed,” wrote Snyder.
Abrams and the Bad Robot team responded by posting a video that takes an up-close look at the iconic Millennium Falcon on the set of Episode VII that concludes with a shot (seen below) of a camouflaged Batmobile attached to the underside of the ship like one of the parasitic Mynocks in Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back. The video is titled “HUNKA JUNK.”
This week’s jabs are just the latest in a series of back-and-forth posts between Snyder and the Bad Robot team that began when Snyder posted an image of Man Of Steel star Henry Cavill dressed like a Jedi back in July. Bad Robot responded with an image of C-3PO dressed like Batman, and the dialogue — to fans’ amusement –continued from there.
- Star Wars: Episode IX — The Rise of Skywalker: Everything we know so far
- The Rise of Skywalker is the next Star Wars movie, watch the first teaser here
- The future of Star Wars: All the known movies and TV series coming your way
- The Mandalorian: What we know about Jon Favreau’s live-action Star Wars series
- ‘The Batman’ movie: Everything we know so far