Notably absent are Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, who jointly played Michelle, but that’s no surprise given that they couldn’t be enticed to reprise their role. Fans do get a look at Bob Saget (Danny), Dave Coulier (Uncle Joey), John Stamos (Uncle Jesse), and Lori Laughlin (Aunt Becky), though, all of whom return for a reunion episode. The photos also show the next generation; D.J. is the mother of three sons, while Kimmy has a daughter, as reported by Variety.
Fuller House has a nearly identical premise to its 1987-1995 predecessor. Like Full House, it focuses on a newly widowed parent whose friend and sibling (or in-law) move in to help raise the kids. In the new Netflix series, however, genders are swapped, with women making up all of the adults living in the house and there being three sons instead of three daughters.
Although it has been more than 20 years since Full House aired, and the characters have all aged, the photos show that some things haven’t changed. Not only are Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky still going strong, Kimmy’s fashion sense is as quirky as ever. Naturally, nostalgia is high and so is fan excitement. The official trailer remains the most viewed video on the Netflix YouTube channel with over 11.6 million views, at the time of publishing.
Fuller House premieres on Netflix on February 26.
- The best new shows to stream on Netflix, Hulu, HBO, and more
- 5 shocking revelations from the Netflix docuseries Waco: American Apocalypse
- Netflix shares first look at pictures from The Gray Man
- Windows 11 leak gives us our first look at the radical new design
- House of Marley’s new headphones look to provide ‘powerful sound with a purpose’