Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar has been nominated for five Academy Awards, so the studio is bringing the blockbuster sci-fi story back to theaters for one last IMAX screening ahead of Sunday’s big award ceremony.
Paramount Pictures announced the one-day showing of An Encore of Interstellar: The IMAX Experience this week, and promised the February 21 screening at AMC Theaters would feature more than 12 minutes of additional behind-the-scenes footage from production. The screenings are being held at select IMAX theaters at 3pm local time Saturday, and certain theaters will offer an additional free ticket to anyone who buys a ticket at the box office, instead of purchasing it online.
Nolan’s Interstellar is in the running for five Oscars this weekend, with nominations for Best Visual Effects, Best Original Score, Best Production Design, Best Sound Mixing, and Best Sound Editing.
Directed by Christopher Nolan and co-written by Nolan and his brother Jonathan Nolan, Interstellar follows a team of astronauts who set out to determine whether humanity’s salvation from a crippling planetary drought lies beyond the known reaches of our galaxy. The film stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Bill Irwin, Ellen Burstyn, John Lithgow, and Michael Caine.
Want to make sure you don’t miss out on this one-off showing of Interstellar? You can find out which theaters are hosting the screening at the AMC Theaters website.
- 2018 Oscar predictions: Who’s going to win, who should win, and who got snubbed
- Everything we know about Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ movie so far
- Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, and 11 more actors you won’t believe never won Oscars
- The 2018 Oscars: Winners and highlights from the 90th Academy Awards
- 15 epic sci-fi novels you should read before they become blockbuster films