Embedded above, the nearly three-minute long trailer follows Vincent Downs (Foxx), a cop with underworld ties who pursues his kidnapped son through one sleepless and blood-soaked night. The film is a re-imagining of a 2011 French film entitled “Nuit Blanche” (“Sleepless Night”), directed by Paris-born helmer Frédéric Jardin.
While some will certainly write it off as a mindless shoot-em-up-style action flick, there are plenty of reasons to be intrigued by this one. First off, Jamie Foxx seems to be one of those rare Hollywood leading men that never lose their star power and his charisma alone can carry a film. Second, its Swiss director, Baran bo Odar (Who Am I), though little-known in the U.S., is a star overseas. Third, breakout Stranger Things star David Harbour (aka, Jim Hopper/Hop) is on board.
Punctuated by explosions and the click-clack of reloading firearms, Drake’s Energy blares in the background of this trailer and the song’s “I got enemies, got a lot of enemies” refrain seems to sync up perfectly with the plot of the film itself. Unfortunately for the enemies in question, it looks like Foxx is — a la Neeson — always a couple of steps ahead.
- 13 great sci-fi books to read before they become TV shows
- Buying on a budget? Here’s all the best tech you can snag for $25 or less
- Amazon slashes prices on the Fire TV Cube and Fire TV Stick for Black Friday
- The best pressure cookers of 2018
- 14 White elephant gift ideas that are guaranteed to spice up your holiday party