You wouldn’t think international espionage and assassination would make for appropriate comedy fodder, but that’s the theme of Seth Rogen and James Franco’s upcoming film The Interview, which casts the pair as unlikely — and wildly unqualified — assassins tasked with eliminating North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un.
Along with a cool, retro-propaganda poster for the film (posted below) that co-director and producer Evan Goldberg revealed via Twitter, the film also delivered its first teaser trailer this week (embedded below). The teaser offers a glimpse at the international shenanigans that are certain to occur when frequent collaborators Rogen and Franco set their sights on the infamous overlord of nuclear-armed North Korea.
In the film, Franco plays the role of popular celebrity interviewer Dave Skylark, whose producer friend Aaron Rapoport books an unprecedented Q&A with Kim Jong-Un. After the pair is approached by the CIA, they agree to use their sit-down opportunity with the feared dictator to assassinate him, and embark on a dangerous mission to rid the world of him.
Co-directed by Rogen and Goldberg — who previously teamed up for This Is The End in 2013– The Interview also stars Lizzy Caplan, Randall Park, and Diana Bang. It was written by Goldberg, Rogen, and Dan Sterling.
The Interview hits theaters October 10.
- Seth Rogen leads an all-star lineup for Netflix special ‘Hilarity for Charity’
- Here’s everything we know about ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- Amid cryptocurrency frenzy, South Korea affirms support for ‘normal’ trading
- Everything we know so far about the new ‘Terminator’ trilogy