Director Michael Bay along with Dreamworks and Paramount Pictures have released a new trailer for the third Transformers film. It is a surprisingly subdued clip from Bay, with nary an explosion to be seen, and not a single half naked woman in the entire trailer.
The third film involves a secret mission to the dark side of the moon during the Apollo 11 moon landing in 1969, which confirmed to humans that there is alien life in the universe. Forty years later, lots of ‘slosions and half naked women will do impressive things while even more ‘splosions occur.
The main plot has been kept fairly under wraps, but odds are it will feature giant robots slugging it out with things getting destroyed. The fate of the world will probably feature in as well. The trailer is just a glimpse of what the movie will feature. Expect more trailers, teasers, authorized toys, video games, books, cereals, and the like to hit soon, as the $250 million budgeted movie comes closer to release.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon hits theaters and IMAX in 3D on July 1, 2011.
- Hasbro may be rebooting Transformers without Michael Bay
- 2017’s worst movie? ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ leads Razzie nominations
- The final frontier? Astronauts could recycle their waste into protein paste
- For ‘Black Panther’ star Michael B. Jordan, Killmonger isn’t just another villain
- Smartglasses from eSight are changing blind people’s lives by enabling them to see