Hamilton‘s Lin-Manuel Miranda is no longer performing in the show anymore, but he hasn’t left his megahit behind. The hugely popular show’s creator has been hard at work on the The Hamilton Mixtape, a project uniting a variety of music’s biggest names to cover and remix the musical’s songs. He unveiled the track list in a tweet Wednesday, along with its all-star roster of contributors.
The track list features everyone from R&B’s Usher to pop’s Kelly Clarkson to hip-hop’s The Roots. Even Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon is involved. Miranda clearly had no trouble finding talent and starpower interested in contributing.
In March, Miranda admitted as much, telling Vanity Fair, “People are coming out of the woodwork, knocking on the door.”
The variety of musicians he was able to attract should make for some interesting collaborations. For example, we’ll hear Sia join forces with Miguel and Queen Latifah on the song Satisfied. Another fun one will be Helpless, which reunites Ashanti and Ja Rule — remember their 2001 hit Always on Time? Other tracks ifeature such big names as John Legend and Wiz Khalifa.
After sharing the complete list, Miranda shared more insight on the project in a series of tweets, highlighting the hard work that went into it and sharing his excitement. “Each artist on here is a dream come true,” he wrote.
The Hamilton Mixtape will be available for pre-order Friday, November 4, so don’t expect Hamilton mania to die down anytime soon.
— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) November 3, 2016
See the full track list below:
1. No John Trumbull (Intro) — The Roots
2. My Shot (Rise Up Remix) — The Roots featuring Busta Rhymes, Joell Ortiz, and Nate Ruess
3. Wrote My Way Out — Nas, Dave East, Lin-Manuel Miranda, and Aloe Blacc
4. Wait for It — Usher
5. An Open Letter (Interlude) — Watsky featuring Shockwave
6. Satisfied — Sia featuring Miguel and Queen Latifah
7. Dear Theodosia — Regina Spektor featuring Ben Folds
8. Valley Forge (Demo) — Lin-Manuel Miranda
9. It’s Quiet Uptown — Kelly Clarkson
10. That Would Be Enough — Alicia Keys
11. Immigrants (We Get the Job Done) — K’naan, Snow Tha Product, Riz MC, and Residente
12. You’ll Be Back — Jimmy Fallon and the Roots
13. Helpless — Ashanti featuring Ja Rule
14. Take a Break (Interlude) — !llmind
15. Say Yes to This — Jill Scott
16. Congratulations — Dessa
17. Burn — Andra Day
18. Stay Alive (Interlude) — J. Period and Stro Elliot
19. Cabinet Battle 3 (Demo) — Lin-Manuel Miranda
20. Washingtons By Your Side — Wiz Khalifa
21. History Has Its Eyes on You — John Legend
22. Who Tells Your Story — The Roots featuring Common and Ingrid Michaelson
23. Dear Theodosia (Reprise) — Chance the Rapper, and Francis and the Lights
- Spotify adds videos of a reminiscing Lin-Manuel Miranda to Hamilton playlist
- Hamilton is headed to Disney+ more than a year ahead of schedule
- Lin-Manuel Miranda to put a tipsy spin on Hamilton/Burr duel for 'Drunk History'
- Tony Awards recognize Broadway’s diversity as four actors of color win top honors
- Hamilton creator pens op-ed on unfair use of 'ticket bots'