In the video, the ladies have a map of the Festival Pier, where the event will be held, and they create their strategy for catching the many intriguing acts. It’s such a serious operation that they even have a white board and a marker with their photo on it. They’re dedicated to the task, but with so many awesome artists, they can’t help but get distracted occasionally with the chance to talk about how great a musician is or to break into one of their songs. The comedians’ plan of attack has obstacles, too: At some points in the day, acts conflict, leaving them to ponder ways to be in two places at once.
In addition to the headliners, the Roots Picnic will also include a set by the Roots themselves, who have been holding the music festival for the past nine years. Other performers include DMX, Swizz Beatz, Blood Orange, Kehlani, Kaytranada, Migos, Jidenna, Ibeyi, Metro Boomin, and more. It’s a talented bunch, as in years past. At the 2015 picnic, for example, the Roots brought together the likes of The Weeknd, Erykah Badu, and A$AP Rocky, among others.
Tickets go on sale Friday, February 5, as revealed by the official Roots Picnic Twitter account.
— Roots Picnic (@rootspicnic) February 2, 2016
The 2016 Roots Picnic will take place on June 4.
- WandaVision: Everything we know about Marvel’s Disney+ series
- Black Widow: Everything we know about Marvel’s Phase 4 movie
- Stranger Things season 4: Here’s everything we know so far
- The Batman: Cast, release date, and everything else we know about the movie
- Eternals: Everything we know about Marvel’s phase 4 movie