In the video, the ladies have a map of the Festival Pier, where the event will be held, and they create their strategy for catching the many intriguing acts. It’s such a serious operation that they even have a white board and a marker with their photo on it. They’re dedicated to the task, but with so many awesome artists, they can’t help but get distracted occasionally with the chance to talk about how great a musician is or to break into one of their songs. The comedians’ plan of attack has obstacles, too: At some points in the day, acts conflict, leaving them to ponder ways to be in two places at once.
In addition to the headliners, the Roots Picnic will also include a set by the Roots themselves, who have been holding the music festival for the past nine years. Other performers include DMX, Swizz Beatz, Blood Orange, Kehlani, Kaytranada, Migos, Jidenna, Ibeyi, Metro Boomin, and more. It’s a talented bunch, as in years past. At the 2015 picnic, for example, the Roots brought together the likes of The Weeknd, Erykah Badu, and A$AP Rocky, among others.
Tickets go on sale Friday, February 5, as revealed by the official Roots Picnic Twitter account.
— Roots Picnic (@rootspicnic) February 2, 2016
The 2016 Roots Picnic will take place on June 4.
- Sopranos prequel movie The Many Saints of Newark now has a release date
- Topher Grace has condensed the entire Star Wars series into one 5-minute trailer
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’: Everything we know so far
- Here’s how to watch Star Wars online, so The Force will always be with you
- What does the Milky Weigh? NASA calculates the mass of our galaxy