Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has bought a new home in Silicon Valley, a reported 10 minute drive from his company’s forthcoming Menlo Park campus. Before the purchase, Zuckerberg has been renting residences in the same area. The San Jose Mercury News reveals that he likely paid approximately $7 million for the new digs, which houses five full bathrooms, a sunroom, a sweeping porch, saltwater pool, and ample privacy. According to a real estate blog, the estate was built in 1903 and has gone through various renovations, including an entertainment pavilion and outdoor fireplace.
The report stops short of printing his address, however – which is probably for the best, considering that restraining order he had to have issued in January.
- Watch Mark Zuckerberg’s second day of congressional grilling here
- Facebook faces Senate, potential government regulation — and big changes
- Could Facebook be broken up over privacy concerns?
- Elon Musk deleted Facebook after a challenge from another tech titan
- Zuckerberg releases first statement on Cambridge Analytica, vows more security