While some of the newest, hottest cameras are only just making it onto the market (and some in short supply), Apple has already prepped its software to support their RAW image capture.
Apple’s Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 5.02 adds support to Aperture 3 and iPhoto 11 for five new cameras from Nikon, Olympus, and Sony: the Nikon D5300 and Df; Olympus OM-D E-M1; and Sony Alpha 7 and Alpha 7R. If you’re a Mac user who works with uncompressed RAW files and are looking to buy one of these cams (or already own one), your Mac is ready.
Click the above links for our first-look/full reviews of the cameras mentioned.
- Alpha Female: Sony awards five women grants to support artisan diversity
- The best point-and-shoot cameras you can buy
- Photography News: A ‘bombproof’ camera bag, Nikon D850 gets firmware fix
- Photography News: Filter your drone; outfit a Sony with its smallest ultrawide
- The race is on: Full-frame dominates Photokina (and could drive prices down)