An attractive aluminum mounting bracket grips to your phone, and using the DJI Go app you can see a live video feed. There’s physical controls like a flat joystick, record button, and photo capture button, and a whole plethora of camera controls you can access from the app.
As for the video, the footage that this camera shoots is smoother than the sound of Barry White’s voice. This will be a treat for realtors, wedding videos, travel, and anything involving motion. And the panning function is great for just about any occasion. However low-light performance was lacking due to the 1/2.3 sensor utilized in the Zenmuse X3 camera, and you’ll definitely want an external mic to record better audio.
At $569, the DJI Osmo is just a touch about the price of the GoPro Hero 4 action camera. Although the Osmo isn’t waterproof, or even water resistant, it offers a tough choice for videographers looking to take their game to the next level.
- Osmo Pocket 2 is coming this week. Here’s what it could look like
- DJI’s tiny Pocket 2 gimbal camera launches with big improvements
- The best action cameras for 2020
- The best drones under $500
- DJI Mini 2 review: Same compact size, more confidence flying