To create the film, several 4K Action Cams (FDR-X1000VR) were mounted to three points of the BMX bike (the video, however, is in Full HD). These were the handlebars, rear stays, and a custom rig that trailed three feet behind the rear stunt peg. During the 1.5-minute video of BMX tricks mixed with performance art, a permanent artwork is created as paint is streamed from tubes on the bike frame, and further spread from the tires.
Filmed in a dark setting, likely a warehouse, Paint almost looks black and white, until very sharp contrast and splashes of color fill the space.
The director, Greg Hackett, has worked on other films for Sony, including TKO, which also highlights the Sony Action Camera.
- The best cheap GoPro alternatives that won’t leave you broke for October 2020
- The best action cameras for 2020
- The best vlogging cameras for 2020
- The best dash cams for 2020
- The best travel cameras for 2020