After months of anticipation, Windows 10 finally arrived this week, and our Computing Editor Matt Smith (also a self-proclaimed abacus expert) has been hands on from the beginning. Matt fills listeners in on the ins and outs of the new OS, and whether or not it would be enough to convince an Apple user to make the switch.
Have you heard of Luminor? It’s a paint-like substance that responds to electrical current, and a team of car customizers recently envisioned a creative new use for it: Slap it on a Lexus, strap up a driver with a wireless heart monitor, and all of the sudden you’ve got paint that changes colors and patterns based on your heartbeat. Will we see more automotive uses for it, or is this a one-time gimmick?
Amazon has been advocating the use of drone deliveries for quite some time, and now the company is taking it to another level. In meetings with NASA, Amazon has concocted a proposal for regulating drone versus human airspace. Oh, and Samsung is developing a selfie drone. And you thought selfie sticks were intrusive!
Today’s episode features Jeffrey Van Camp, Brandon Widder, Matt Smith, Ben Lundin and host Greg Nibler. As usual, we were also live on Periscope taking your questions. Please subscribe and share Trends with Benefits, and send in your questions to email@example.com.
- Take to the skies with these 5 drones on sale for under $50
- Facebook hasn’t given up on the idea of building an internet drone
- Thrill-seekers will be able to pilot themselves in a giant drone as soon as 2019
- Digital Trends Live: CyPhy Works Laura Major talks advances in tethered drones
- Forget security cameras — this drone will watch over your house from the skies