We told you a couple of days ago about an eBay auction selling the identify of underground graffiti artist Banksy, and it appears that the listing has been pulled. We contacted the seller to ask for any details on the auction, and were given this reply: “I spent 3 years finding the answer. I was paid off, now I can tell you nothing. All I can give you is this photograph.” Followed by the photo below.
We’re inclined to believe the entire thing was a hoax, either motivated by boredom or publicity, but some think the anonymous auctioneer was truly paid off to keep Banksy’s identity confidential. All we know for sure: Whoever “TheIdentityofBanksy@gmail.com” is needs a better camera.
- Signed Steve Jobs memorabilia expected to fetch about $70,000 at auction
- This Leica changed my mind on instant cameras. Here’s why
- Blizzard Co-Founder Allen Adham says ‘we have not forgotten’ core Diablo fans
- A.I. can generate pictures of a finished meal based on just a written recipe
- How to make a watermark: A quick and easy way to protect your photos