We told you a couple of days ago about an eBay auction selling the identify of underground graffiti artist Banksy, and it appears that the listing has been pulled. We contacted the seller to ask for any details on the auction, and were given this reply: “I spent 3 years finding the answer. I was paid off, now I can tell you nothing. All I can give you is this photograph.” Followed by the photo below.
We’re inclined to believe the entire thing was a hoax, either motivated by boredom or publicity, but some think the anonymous auctioneer was truly paid off to keep Banksy’s identity confidential. All we know for sure: Whoever “TheIdentityofBanksy@gmail.com” is needs a better camera.
- From classic to cloud: How I learned to love Lightroom CC
- With Mosaic, you can redesign your Instagram grid without the commitment
- One of Nat Geo’s first female photographers captured stories others ignored
- How a blockchain-based digital photo notary is fighting fraud and fake news
- From DIY to AAA, here’s how to take a passport photo in five different ways