You’ll put 75,000 miles on your feet by the time you hit 50, according to the American Podiatric Medical Association, yet foot health is often neglected. They take an even worse beating when we travel, when we tend to put on more miles than we normally would, cramp them in tight coach seats, or place more pressure on them from carrying luggage or shopping bags. Abused and left untreated, poor foot health could lead to complications down the road.
There are some easy, basic tips for staying healthy when on the road. They include not bringing brand-new shoes, packing light, and maintaining good blood circulation. But even if you don’t pay attention to what you’re slipping on, packing the following items will make all that extra walking around town or sitting in a coach seat for 13 hours not only a bit more bearable. Here are four footwear-tech products for keeping the dogs healthy.
- Survive the apocalypse (or just a week off the grid) with these zombie-proof rides
- Get your Sagan on with 60 awe-inspiring photos of the final frontier
- From weird to practical, 18 small travel essentials you’ll actually want to pack
- The best headphones you can buy
- Awesome Tech You Can’t Buy Yet: Magnetic bike pedals, undersea scooters, and more