Even though it’s been around for a while, the Pebble smartwatch is still one of the most popular wearables around, and it keeps getting better. Pebble has issued a new firmware update for the Android app adding full notification support and special character recognition from 80 different languages.
Version 2.1 of Pebble’s Android companion app works on devices running Android 4.3 and up, so most Android users will benefit from the new firmware. Previously, Pebble users could only set notifications for a limited number of apps, including SMS, calendar, and Gmail alerts. If you wanted notifications from any other app to pop up on your wrist, you had to use a third-party app to coordinate with other apps. Thanks to the update, Pebble users can now select which apps they want to ping them during the day.
The update also ensures international and bilingual Pebble fans can type in their language of choice without seeing annoying little boxes every time they type a special character. Germans can now proudly type the “ß” character without any problems and Spanish speakers can accent vowels any time they want. Additionally, the entire Pebble experience should be faster, more fluid, and and reliable.
- Sleep Cycle app for Android will soon allow users to track sleep using sound
- Looking for online privacy and security? Here are the best VPNs for Android
- Check out 25 of the best Android Wear apps for your smartwatch
- Everything you can do on the Overwatch League app, and how to use it
- How to use Amazon’s Alexa app on your smartphone