Apple may have taken the early lead in the burgeoning tablet market, but HP is determined not to surrender without a fight. Today this video hit the internet of their new PC tablet, The Slate, and it not surprisingly seems to focus on the things the iPad does not have, most apparently, a camera.
Last month, HP released a video focusing on the inclusion of Flash, something noticeably lacking from both the iPad and iPhone (for the moment). But with 300,000 iPads sold on day one, Apple has already taken a commanding lead.
The Windows 7 compatible tablet computer was announced in January at CES 2010 before the iPad. HP has yet to confirm release date or price, but Spanish technology website, Clipnet.net, is claiming that the device will ship in June.
- Don’t get psyched just yet — Double Fine delays ‘Psychonauts 2’ past 2018
- Apple builds excitement for future releases with App Store pre-orders
- Apple reportedly prepares a universal app framework between iOS and MacOS
- Surface Pro with LTE is finally available for order, but with caveats
- Apple iOS 11.2.2 update offers a fix to the Spectre security vulnerability