Apple has finally released an update to fix the issues many OS X Mavericks users experienced when trying to use their Gmail account with the Mail desktop app.
In an official support page Apple created to announced the release of this patch, Cupertino revealed the specific problems that this update addresses. Here’s what Apple had to say:
“About the update
Mail Update for Mavericks includes improvements to general stability and compatibility with Gmail, including the following:
- Fixes an issue that prevents deleting, moving, and archiving messages for users with custom Gmail settings
- Addresses an issue that may cause unread counts to be inaccurate
- Includes additional fixes that improve the compatibility and stability of Mail”
The support page also includes instructions on how to download the update. Here they are.
How to download the OS X Mavericks Mail Gmail update
- “You should back up your system before installation. To do this you can use Time Machine.
- You may experience unexpected results if you have third-party system software modiﬁcations installed, or if you’ve modiﬁed the operating system through other means.
- Choose Apple menu- Software Update to check for the latest Apple software via the Mac App Store, including this update.
Other software updates available for your computer may appear, which you should install. Note that an update’s size may vary from computer to computer when installed using Software Update. Also, some updates must be installed prior to others. Use Software Update until it reports “No Updates Available”.
- Do not interrupt the installation process once you have started to update your system.”
Apple also advises that users can grab the Mavericks Gmail patch using the manual update installer. You can find standalone update installers here.
Let us know if the update solves the problems you’ve been experiencing with Mavericks Mail and Gmail.
- Windows Update not working after October 2018 patch? Here’s how to fix it
- 5 reasons your Macbook keeps restarting and how to fix the issue
- Did your Windows 10 audio stop working after the update? Microsoft has a fix
- The most common Xbox One problems, and how to fix them
- A Google patent shows a way to make VR even more immersive