On the latest episode of Digital Trends Live, Drew Prindle, DT’s senior editor for features, joins host Greg Nibler to discuss today’s top tech stories. Topics include a WhatsApp flaw that left phones open to spyware, Alexa’s new home security features, Netflix’s foray into gaming, Japan’s bullet train trial, Elon Musk’s Starlink satellite launch, and more.
Later, Nibler welcomes Dr. Julie Albright, digital sociologist at the University of Southern California and author of Left to Their Own Devices: How Digital Natives Are Reshaping the American Dream, to talk about how our devices impact both society and our personal lives.
Heather Corcoran, director of design and technology at Kickstarter, the joins the show to discuss the company’s 10-year anniversary, and how Kickstarter has changed product design, marketing, and strategies for thousands of companies.
Finally, Anita Badejo, executive editor and co-host of Pop-Up Magazine, talks about turning a magazine into a compelling live show that includes storytelling, a band, and digital media.
- DJI’s new gimbal, Apple’s AR content, and more | Digital Trends Live
- Mandalorian season 2, Apple Event, and more | Digital Trends Live
- TikTok saga, Microsoft buys Bethesda, and more | Digital Trends Live
- Apple One, Ubisoft Forward wrap-up, life on Mars, and more | Digital Trends Live
- Virtual IFA 2020, Mandalorian season 2, and more | Digital Trends Live