Asus built its name and reputation on affordable workhorse Windows laptops and compact netbooks (remember those things?), but in 2022, you’ll see this brand’s logo on everything from muscular gaming laptops packing next-gen hardware to cutting-edge 2-in-1s — and everything in-between. One thing hasn’t changed, though, and that’s the fact that Asus still delivers a lot of bang for your buck. If you’re in the market for a new PC and you’re on a budget, you can do a lot worse than hunting down the best Asus laptop deals online. But why waste time? We’ve already got ’em right here:
Best Asus laptop deals
- Asus VivoBook 15 (Core i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD) — $520, was $750
- Asus ExpertBook 14-Inch Laptop (Core i5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD) — $780, was $1,700
- Asus ROG Zephyrus Laptop (Ryzen 7, GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD) — $972, was $1,200
- Asus ROG Flow X13 Touch Gaming Laptop (Ryzen 9, RTX 3050 Ti, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) — $1,250, was $1,500
- Asus TUF Dash 15 Gaming Laptop (11th Gen Core i7, 16GB RAM, RTX 3070, 1TB SSD) — $1,300, was $1,500
- Asus ROG Zephyrus 14 (Ryzen 9, RTX 3060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) — $1,300, was $1,550
How to choose an Asus laptop
Asus computers run the gamut of design, features, hardware specifications, and price brackets. If all you’re after is a cheap Asus laptop, you’ve got plenty of options to choose from. You might want to consider a Chromebook if you’re on the tightest of budgets. These Chrome OS-based laptops are very cost-effective and Asus makes some very good ones. Note that Chromebooks are typically pretty basic when it comes to specs, though (featuring mobile processors and limited flash storage), so if you’re looking for something for heavier workloads or for gaming, a Chrome OS laptop probably isn’t the best choice.
That said, there are almost always Asus laptop deals to be had on cheap Windows machines at prices that compete with Chromebooks. On these, you’ll find more standard PC hardware like Intel Core and AMD Ryzen CPUs, the recommended minimum 8GB of RAM, and solid-state drives instead of skimpy eMMC flash storage. Cheap Asus laptops include the high-value VivoBook line, and some of these can be had for as little as $400-$500 when on sale (depending on hardware configurations). These are solid all-arounders for general everyday tasks like web browsing, streaming, emails, and maybe some light gaming.
If you’ve got a bigger budget to play with, the Asus ZenBook and ExpertBook stables contain sleek ultrabook-style laptops for more demanding users such as professionals, remote workers, or chronic multi-taskers. These boast slimmer overall designs along with impressive hardware, and select models offer additional bells and whistles like touch displays, 2-in-1 functionality, and even dual screens as found on the unique Asus ZenBook Duo. Touchscreen and 2-in-1 laptops are very good options for artists, graphic designs, and other creatives. You can sometimes find even these premium models on sale for less than a grand when shopping around for cheap Asus laptops.
Asus makes some very good portable gaming PCs as well. The Asus TUF and ROG (Republic of Gamers) lines include both reasonably priced as well as high-end gaming systems packing the latest hardware like Nvidia GeForce 16- and 20-series GPUs. The Asus TUF series falls on the more budget-friendly side of the price spectrum, with the ROG laptops like the Strix and Zephyrus packing beefier hardware and optimized displays for more serious gaming. These high-end gaming machines are the priciest members of the family but also offer the biggest potential discounts among the Asus laptop deals available online.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- There’s a SECRET SALE on MSI gaming laptops at Walmart today
- Best gaming PC deals for January 2022
- Your gaming rig wants you to buy this curved gaming monitor deal
- Best Apple deals and sales for January 2022
- Anker’s Nebula Cosmos Laser, is a 4K portable home cinema you can use anywhere