“History is your battlefield” says the Facebook page for Assassin’s Creed: Memories, a new entry in the Assassin’s Creed family. It’s a collaboration between Ubisoft, GREE, and mobile developer PlayNext in which players “traverse history to build a powerful guild, recruit famous allies, and defeat rival players.” The game will be a free-to-play adventure for iOS devices that blends RPG, strategy, and card battle elements.
Visiting time periods from previous AC titles while also venturing into new territory, Assassin’s Creed: Memories features both a single player mode and multiplayer combat that pits teams of up to 20 against one another. The game also has a heavy focus on customization and strategy, specifically in the way the each assassin is tailored to each player’s tastes.
Eiji Araki, Vice President of Social Games at GREE says “The card battle genre is able to evolve and grow great heroes and this franchise has created some of the most epic characters in gaming today,” GREE Vice President of Social Games Eiji Araki said in the announcement.
GREE’s press release says the game is currently in soft launch in limited territories and will be available worldwide later this summer for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- The best free-to-play games of 2019
- Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok leak teases better open-world exploration
- The next Assassin’s Creed could star Vikings, and The Division 2 is teasing it
- E3 2019: All the games we expected to see, and some we didn’t
- Forget easy mode. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice needs an equal mode