While most people may only associate Activision with the Call of Duty franchise, this developer turned publishing juggernaut has a much more varied and far-reaching history than the insanely popular first-person shooter franchise that dominates sales year after year. The name Activision has been around nearly as long as home console gaming has, and in fact, it was the very first third-party studio to ever exist in the games industry. If you go back to the old Atari consoles, you’ll find its name on plenty of old and crunchy titles. Throughout the decades, this company has undergone many changes, taken on new studios, and grown to be one of the most successful businesses in all of gaming.
Having such a storied history across the decades of gaming as a publisher, Activision has brought us hundreds of excellent titles. Sure, it has been a little single-minded lately with how many Call of Duty games it is making compared to everything else, but it’s worth remembering all the variety it once gave us and hope that Activision might branch out again in the future. The one thing that doesn’t change is the fact that Activision knows how to publish great games, and we’ve gone back through its catalog to share the best Activision games of all time. This list won’t include any Blizzard games even though the two companies fall under the same roof, and we’ll also limit one game per series to cut down on repeating Call of Duty games.
- The best Bethesda games of all time
- The best Call of Duty games, ranked from worst to best
- 7 Activision Blizzard games we want to see on Game Pass
- Elden Ring developer’s next game is Armored Core VI
- UFC 5: release date, trailers, gameplay, and more
- Best Gaming PC Deals: Save on Alienware and HP
- The best free-to-play games for 2022
- Is Modern Warfare 2 cross-platform?