Few video game series are as influential and popular as Call of Duty. The annualized franchise throws players into fast-paced battles across various historical time periods — along with fictional eras, as well. Call of Duty has taken us to World War II, the Cold War, a modern setting, and even to the future.
Although it’s one of the most successful video game franchises out there, Call of Duty’s quality varies significantly, with some fantastic entries in the series, but many mediocre ones as well. But which Call of Duty games are worth your time and which ones should you skip? To answer that question, we’ve ranked all the mainline entries in the series, with details about why you should or shouldn’t play that particular game.
These are all the Call of Duty games ranked from worst to best.
- Modern Warfare 2’s new season is proof Call of Duty needs to take a year off
- Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 tips and tricks
- Warzone 2.0 players are hoarding self-revive kits to pull off easy wins
No matter how much you love the Call of Duty franchise, you must admit that some iterations are just better than others. With our advice, you know which games to avoid, so you can start playing the cream of the crop immediately. By following our recommendations on the best games in the series, you’ll get to experience all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses.
The Call of Duty series has successfully produced a line of outstanding shooter games. One of the things that players love about the franchise is its consistency. Players know what to expect from the series, and are rarely disappointed, so they go out and buy release after release. The series gains more avid players and repeat customers by the minute, reaping enormous profits, which they utilize to create the next best game in the series and perpetuate its legendary legacy as one of the best gaming franchises in history.
- Counter-Strike 2 limited test: how to play, game modes, and more
- MultiVersus to shut down in June ahead of relaunch in 2024
- The best upcoming Xbox Series X games: 2023 and beyond
- The best upcoming PS5 games: 2023, 2024, and beyond
- Resident Evil 4 Remake PC: best settings, ray tracing, FSR, and more