Pokémon Go has provoked legions of gamers all over the world to get off their butts and explore their surroundings. There’s something exciting about this newfound popularity for location-based games, a genre that has been technically possible for several years but languished in relative obscurity until now. The widespread adoption of mobile devices with GPS and powerful processors has enabled developers to explore new types of gameplay that blend the digital and analog worlds.
The genre is still growing, but we’ve seen some new titles released over the past few years. Here are the 10 best location-based games for iOS and Android.
- The best upcoming PS5 games: 2023, 2024, and beyond
- Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0’s new update just nerfed the game’s best weapons
- The best gaming PCs for 2023: Dell, Origin, Lenovo, and more
- Best video game deals for May 2023: PlayStation, Xbox, Switch
- Best Legend of Zelda boss fights