Budweiser constructed a life-size Pac Man maze in Los Angeles’ Fashion District recently for a Bud Light advertisement, set to air at the upcoming Super Bowl XLIX on February 1, 2015. The ad is part of the brand’s “Up For Whatever” campaign, which launched in 2014.
The ad, called Coin, will run for 60 seconds, according to the New York Daily News. In it a man will receive a message from a beer bottle which invites him outside. Then he is given an enormous coin and the chance to play in the life-size replica of the classic arcade game’s maze. The whole setup is a brightly lit and faithful recreation of the original game, with neon glowing ghosts clearly visible from above. Actors from the shoot and passers-by have posted images of the set on social media. Although Budweiser has not released any details about the maze, people are hopeful that it may be made open to the public after filming is complete.
Super Bowl XLIX will air on Sunday, February 1 on NBC, with either that Patriots or Colts from the AFC squaring off against the Seahawks or Packers from the NFC.
— Curtis Kingsley (@CurtisKingsley) January 8, 2015
- From ‘Whassup’ to Darth Vader, the 12 greatest Super Bowl commercials of all time
- Harrison Ford, other stars show the limits of Alexa in hilarious Super Bowl ads
- Serious, funny, and controversial: Every car commercial from Super Bowl 53
- How to watch Super Bowl 2019 online
- Don’t worry, Alexa won’t be triggered during Amazon’s Super Bowl ad