UPDATE 2: It’s over. Hope you enjoyed!
UPDATE: We are live! Check out the stream, embedded right here. You can join us in chat by heading over to the Digital Trends Twitch page and signing in with your Twitch account.
ORIGINAL POST: Insomniac Games’ latest, Sunset Overdrive, comes to Xbox One on October 28. I’ve been tooling around in the game for a few days now, and have taken to describing it as “Tony Hawk with guns.” You grind and bounce all around this open world city, using an array of completely bats–t firearms — this is the Ratchet & Clank developer, dontchaknow — to carve up legions of mutant-zombie things, evil robots, and post-apocalyptic bandits.
There’s a lot about the game that I can’t talk about yet due to standard review non-disclosure agreements, but we’re clear to stream as much footage as we’d like from the first two hours of the story. And we’re going to do just that this afternoon at 3 p.m. ET/12 p.m. PT on the Digital Trends Twitch channel. It’ll be a fresh start in the game, so you’ll be able to see character creation and intro cutscenes in addition to some raw gameplay.
I’ll stream for two hours, from 3 to 5, and will be happy to answer any questions I’m able to. So join us in the Twitch chat this afternoon for your first taste of Sunset Overdrive!
- You can sign up for the ‘Fortnite: Battle Royale’ mobile beta right now
- Twitch will punish its users for bad behavior on other platforms
- Nintendo Switch vs. Xbox One: Can the new hybrid best the established console?
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now
- Ubisoft has announced ‘The Division 2,’ and we’ll get a peek at E3