Ubisoft is set to introduce us to The Crew, an open world racer that turns the continental United States into a racer’s playground, this fall on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It is an RPG on wheels, with experience earned that you use to improve your whips and deck out your garage. You earn this experience by completing missions, either on your own, with friends, or by simply teaming up with some of the numerous players you’ll encounter in the game’s persistent online world.
We won’t be able to get our hands on the game until later in the year, but Ubisoft was kind enough to tease us with a few peeks in this new set of screens and gameplay trailer. The Crew features several different types of races that will test you on dirt tracks, winding roads, and flat out straightaways. As you’d expect from any racing game worth its salt, especially one with multiple terrains, there will be plenty of cars to help you complete your missions.
The Crew isn’t the first open world racer, but it is shaping up to be one of the most ambitious. Expect to hear plenty more about this game as it nears release.
- The open world is your playground in ‘The Crew 2,’ and we have all the details
- Everything we know about ‘Far Cry 5’
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018
- Conquer a galaxy far, far away with the 10 best Star Wars games of all time
- The best of the last-gen: Our 50 favorite Xbox 360 games