Spike Jonze, the man who birthed films like Being John Malkovich, Where the Wild Things Are, Adaptation, and the upcoming Her into the world, is a fan of video games. More than that, he’s had actual discussions about making one with Her producer Megan Ellison!
This detail came out of a post-screening Q&A session that Jonze attended. Her, the story of a man (Joaquin Phoenix) who falls in love with an artificial intelligence being (voiced by Scarlett Johansson), opens on December 18, 2013, and it features a couple of fictitious video games. This led to a question from an audience member about Jonze’s interest in the medium, and he admitted both that he’s a fan and that he’s chatted with Ellison about making a game (via Badass Digest).
- These Amazon Echo accessories will make Alexa your new best friend
- Woman climbs into X-ray machine to stay close to her bag
- ‘I’m scared!’ — Enjoy this grandmother’s reaction to the Google Home Mini
- The 10 best movies that should be made into TV shows
- Baby got Beck: Grandmother’s Instagram inspires rock icon’s new music video