Spike Jonze, the man who birthed films like Being John Malkovich, Where the Wild Things Are, Adaptation, and the upcoming Her into the world, is a fan of video games. More than that, he’s had actual discussions about making one with Her producer Megan Ellison!
This detail came out of a post-screening Q&A session that Jonze attended. Her, the story of a man (Joaquin Phoenix) who falls in love with an artificial intelligence being (voiced by Scarlett Johansson), opens on December 18, 2013, and it features a couple of fictitious video games. This led to a question from an audience member about Jonze’s interest in the medium, and he admitted both that he’s a fan and that he’s chatted with Ellison about making a game (via Badass Digest).
- Google Street View gives woman a special gift — an image of her late mother
- D.Va goes it alone in an explosive new ‘Overwatch’ animated short
- A.I.’s humorous side: The funniest things to ask Alexa
- Baywatch’s Alexandra Daddario helps Autotrader search pups like pickups
- Matt Groening’s Netflix series ‘Disenchantment’ debuts its first trailer