Video game publisher Electronic Arts will be busting out a sequel to the 2008 action-packed game Dead Space for PC, PlayStation and Xbox 360. The sequel, Dead Space 2, will once again feature engineer Isaac Clarke battling the mysterious Necromorphs. Steve Papoutsis, Executive Producer of Dead Space 2, also promises future Dead Space 2 gamers there will be several plot twists, fantastically horrifying monsters and a whole lot of surprises in this follow-up game. And developers at Visceral Games say they will introduce some new tools for destroying and dismembering enemies. Always nice to hear.
“We’re thrilled to jump back into the series, making the next chapter in Isaac’s journey,” says Papoutsis in a statement. “The infection continues to spread throughout space and our hero Isaac Clarke is the only person able to contain it. There are still loads of necromorphs that need killing!”
In 2009, EA launched Dead Space Extraction, a prequel to the original Dead Space that expanded the fiction and brought the franchise to a new audience base. Dead Space 2 is being developed for the PlayStation3, the Xbox 360 and on PC. The game has not yet been rated and no official release date has been disclosed.
- Virgin Galactic donates record-breaking SpaceShipTwo rocket to the Smithsonian
- How to delete games on your PS4
- Obsidian Entertainment teases new RPG with a space gun and a skin cream
- LG’s new monitor gives you screen space galore without hurting your wallet
- Windows 10 to eat even more disk space as ‘reserved storage’ for updates