Read our full The Evil Within review.
Bethesda Softworks has shared a new behind-the-scenes trailer featuring the talented voice cast of The Evil Within, the studio’s upcoming survival horror game being made with Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami. The cast includes Anson Mount (Hell on Wheels), Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter) and Jackie Earle Haley (Breaking Away, Watchmen). In the trailer they discuss the joy of working in video games and how it differs from their usual, on-camera acting work.
The Evil Within aims to put the “survival” back into the survival horror genre, which became increasingly action-oriented over the last decade. While there is certainly a fair share of running and gunning in the game, strictly limited resources for ammunition and trap construction means that you’ll have to be very careful in your exploration and planning if you hope to survive.
The episodic mystery follows detective Sebastian Castellanos (Mount) as he investigates a brutal, supernatural murder and is pulled into a terrifying parallel world, much like ours, but filled with nightmarish creatures.
The Evil Within comes to PC and PlayStation/Xbox consoles on October 21, 2014.
- ‘The Evil Within 2’ can now be played as a first-person survival horror game
- From monkey selfies to Intel allergies, here are the 7 weirdest tech lawsuits ever
- The 13 best PSVR games available today
- Score a bargain with the best PS4 game deals under $20
- Ex-BioShock developers offer details about their new game, ‘The Blackout Club’