The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto V arrived online yesterday, and developer Rockstar Games confirmed a few elements of the project in a press release delivered this morning.
Along with announcing that the game was in full development (which we sort of guessed, given the trailer and all), the statement confirms that Grand Theft Auto V will indeed take place in Los Santos, the Los Angeles stand-in for the GTA universe. The press release also confirmed the presence of an online multiplayer element in the new game.
“Grand Theft Auto V is another radical reinvention of the Grand Theft Auto universe,” said Rockstar Games founder Sam Houser in the official statement. “We are incredibly excited to share our new vision with our fans.”
Still unconfirmed, however, are a variety of Grand Theft Auto V rumors — chiefly, the presence of a multi-character narrative instead of a story that follows a single character through his/her money-hungry adventure.
You can read the full text of the press release at the Take-Two Interactive website.
- ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ rumored to have Battle Royale mode, explorable trains
- ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ still burning rubber after 4 years, tops sales of 90 million
- ‘Borderlands 3’: News, rumors, and everything we know
- The 20 best PS4 games you can buy right now
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018