IBM yesterday said they’d posted a new podcast about online gaming. Dubbed â€œIBM and the Future of Online Gamesâ€, this two part podcast is itself part of a larger series of podcasts the company has being doing of late on future technologies.
In â€œIBM and the Future of Online Gamesâ€, the company said, is discussed â€œeconomic and social significance of the growth in â€˜massively multiplayer’ online gaming communitiesâ€¦ not just interacting with each other for entertainment, but to form social bondsâ€¦ learn from each other and perform many of the other interactions that happen in the real world. The technologies that allow this interaction to happen could represent the future of the Internet.â€
The podcast is hosted by Nick Jacobs and features a discussion between Quentin Staes-Polet, head of IBM’s online game practice in Asia Pacific, and Joey Alarilla, editor of gaming portal hackenslash.
- The best upcoming PS5 games
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Everything you need to know about Companions
- The best Xbox One games to play right now
- Red Dead Online Call to Arms: Tips and tricks for beginners
- The best upcoming Nintendo Switch games