The precise details of how the teams arrived at those scores, such as Patriots rookie Malcolm Butler’s dramatic, last-minute interception right at the end zone, don’t line up, but the broad strokes and final results are dead on. It even correctly predicted that Patriots QB Tom Brady would throw the game-winning touchdown to wide receiver Julian Edelman. Electronic Arts has successfully predicted nine out of the last twelve Super Bowls, though none as precisely as this year’s.
Last week’s other gaming prediction, however, did not go as well. Marshawn Lynch and Rob Gronkowski faced off in the unreleased Mortal Kombat X with Conan O’Brien. Lynch (a.k.a. “Beast Mode”) took the most victories for the day in the gory Mortal Kombat arena, but couldn’t carry the Seahawks to victory on Sunday alone, despite a strong personal showing.
- The best Mortal Kombat Fatalities
- The best Xbox One games for July 2020
- Game sales soar in June, thanks to The Last of Us: Part II, Nintendo Switch
- Ed Boon hints at issues in bringing Ash Williams into Mortal Kombat 11
- 10 video game deals you can’t afford to miss this weekend