Nintendo appears to be taking a page from Halo’s playbook. To promote the newest chapter in the Metroid franchise, Nintendo has released a live action trailer for Metroid: Other M.
The game was originally schedule for release on June 27, but was delayed until August 31 to give the developers a bit more time, and to increase the promotion of the game.
Metroid: Other M takes place after the events of the SNES game Super Metroid, and before the Gameboy Advanced’s Metroid Fusion. The story will delve heavily into Samus’ past, as she and a group of soldiers respond to a distress signal from a damaged ship. Samus and the soldiers must split up to rescue survivors and discover what the threat is.
The game is a Wii exclusive. Check out the live action trailer below, and be ready to grab a copy on August 31.
- Report names Bandai Namco as the developer behind ‘Metroid Prime 4’
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- Even with Nintendo Switch mania in full swing, 3DS sales remain strong
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now
- Check out the best Nintendo Switch deals and bundles for April 2018