NetherRealm Studios has devised a unique punishment for people that rage-quit matches in Mortal Kombat X before completion: blowing up their heads.
“Quitalities” were revealed during a recent livestream. When one player quits before a match is over, their character’s head suddenly explodes and their opponent is awarded a Flawless Victory. The developer explained it as a way of “making the winner look better.” While not nearly as grotesque as the game’s fatalities, it’s great to see that Mortal Kombat X continues the series’ tradition of silly finishers (e.g., Babalities, Friendships, and Animalities).
If you need something a little more over-the-top to sate your bloodlust, the developer also shared three new fatalities for Mileena, Takeda, and Kung Jin. They are as grotesque and baroque as fans have come to expect from Mortal Kombat’s notorious fatalities.
Also of note for Kombatants, the Xbox Store entry for the Kombat Pack lists Predator as an unannounced fighter, alongside the previously-revealed Jason Voorhees and “two Klassic Mortal Kombat characters.” Series creator Ed Boon teased the alien hunter’s inclusion in late-2014 tweets, but this is the first formal acknowledgement. A source told VideoGamer in February that Col. Al Dillon, played by Carl Weathers in the film, will also be included. No confirmation on that front, but if true, then they’d really have a stew going.
- As Tekken 8 approaches, Mortal Kombat 1 fans are feeling burned out
- Mortal Kombat 1’s story mode shares strengths and weaknesses with superhero movies
- Mortal Kombat 1’s Kameo system lets me get real bloody creative
- Mortal Kombat 1 takes the series back to the start this September
- Mortal Kombat 12 is coming out this year, according to Warner Bros.