Nintendo hinted today that the Wii may have Netflix streaming capabilities sooner than later. No actual date has been revealed, but industry analyst Dan Rayburn says “Nintendo originally planned to bring the Netflix service to the Wii before the end of this year.” This might happen, but if it doesn’t the Rayburn confirms that it’ll definitely come to fruition in early 2010.
Whether this happens next week or early next year, this is good news for Wii users and for Netflix. According to Dan Frommer, a reporter for The Business Insider, “with more than 21 million Wii units in the U.S., even small uptake could lead to significant subscriber growth for Netflix.”
- Wiimote prototype for the Nintendo Gamecube surfaces in Japanese auction
- Nintendo may finally bring ‘The Legend of Zelda’ and ‘Donkey Kong’ to mobile
- The best Nintendo Switch games
- Bored with Netflix? As it goes global, the selection is about to explode
- Major video watcher? YouTube is now available on Nintendo Switch