Nintendo hinted today that the Wii may have Netflix streaming capabilities sooner than later. No actual date has been revealed, but industry analyst Dan Rayburn says “Nintendo originally planned to bring the Netflix service to the Wii before the end of this year.” This might happen, but if it doesn’t the Rayburn confirms that it’ll definitely come to fruition in early 2010.
Whether this happens next week or early next year, this is good news for Wii users and for Netflix. According to Dan Frommer, a reporter for The Business Insider, “with more than 21 million Wii units in the U.S., even small uptake could lead to significant subscriber growth for Netflix.”
- Report names Bandai Namco as the developer behind ‘Metroid Prime 4’
- Nintendo Switch passes lifetime sales of Wii U in less than one year
- Paid Nintendo Switch Online service is now planned for September launch
- Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto thinks Switch life cycle could surpass six years
- What was ‘Pokémon Stars?’: Everything we know about the rumored Switch game