Read our full Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty review.
Oddworld Inhabitants, developer of the beloved Oddworld series of puzzle platformers, confirms that Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty will cost $30 and includes support for cross-buy (and cross-save) on all PlayStation platforms. The game, which amounts to an HD remake of 1997’s Oddworld: Abe’s Odyssee, is coming to Linux/Mac/Windows and Wii U as well, but one purchase in the PSN Store will nab you copies of the game for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita, with saves carrying across all three Sony platforms.
The developer also confirmed that a release date will be announced soon. New ‘n’ Tasty is expected to arrive sometime in 2014, and Oddworld Inhabitants confirms that the launch timing will be public knowledge before E3 2014 kicks off on June 9.
The studio behind the Oddworld series has struggled to find traction in the decade-plus since the wild success of its first two Oddworld games. With the massive prevalence of 2.5D puzzle platformers in the last few years, though, the developers are no doubt hopeful that they can find new relevance and teach a master class in a genre that they helped define.
- Here is our take on some of the best PlayStation 4 themes
- Crash Bandicoot rumored to return with new game in 2019
- The best demos, betas, and free-to-play games you can try this weekend
- Report says ‘Diablo III’ is coming to Nintendo Switch despite Blizzard’s denial
- ‘Rime’ leads the charge for February’s PlayStation Plus offerings