The November 2014 crop of free Games with Gold downloads are now available to Xbox Live Gold subscribers, as detailed on the Xbox News Wire.
Xbox One owners are being treated to the lo-fi platfomer Volgarr the Viking. This 16-bit 2D action platformer from the appropriately-named Crazy Viking Studios harkens back to the quarter-munching days of punishing, arcade difficulty. The game is full of secrets that reward thorough exploration. Hack, slash, and stab your way through all manner of monsters like its 1994 all over again.
For the first half of the month, Xbox 360 owners can try out Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise from the team behind the Banjo-Kazooie series at Rare. Trouble in Paradise builds upon the sandbox life-simulation of the popular first game, letting you cultivate a pleasant garden community to attract your colorful piñata brethren.
After the November 16, Xbox 360 owners can head up to Mars in the third-person shooter Red Faction: Guerrilla. Unlike previous entries in the series, Guerrilla is open-world, letting you take to the red dunes however you’d like. The environment is eminently destructable, so you can bring buildings crashing down left and right.
If any of these titles sound exciting to you, be sure to go online and grab them before the month is over.
- The best Games with Gold for Xbox One
- For $22 a month, an Xbox One system could soon be yours
- Companies want to sell you conflict-free phones, but certification isn’t foolproof
- Passion and tech took Terrell Lloyd from 49ers superfan to team photographer
- Porsche’s stunning 1990s throwback sold for much more than anyone expected